Sunday, April 20, 2014

Slowly prepping for Maui 2014

Getting ready for this trip to Maui has really been a trip. I am working right up until the last minute and have a ton of marking to do before we go. We just have been very busy and getting the house clean and everyone's clothes washed has been an adventure in itself. 

We are super excited to get going out and the energy is building. We bought a couple of carry-on bags yesterday so that we don't have to wait. The one glitch is that we have to check the car seat. But hopefully going in and out of the airport will still be faster. 

It's really nice to be going back a second time to somewhere we've been before. We know what to pack and we know what to expect. We will be spending a few days with our friends who live in Napili Village and then we will be doing three day trip to haiku where we will stay in a little cabin. 

We are bringing very little. We are only bringing a couple of diapers for the airplane, some sundresses for the baby, shorts for the boys and probably I have the most clothes out of anyone. But I like to wear stuff that I can never wear here. It's just not warm enough. 

Things I am looking to forward to most? Definitely jumping in the ocean, playing in the waterfalls, spending long meditations in the rain forest and hugging my dear friends that I miss.  I find them most wonderful thing about being there is how relaxed I feel by the time it's ready to come home. Maui is really a special place and it feels like medicine to be there.

No comments: